Tuesday, January 24, 2017

How'd I Do? 89th Academy Awards Edition

I scored 17/20 in the acting categories, which is 2 choices down from last year. In the top 8 (acting, directing, screenplay, and picture) I got 36/44. That's a minor statistical improvement over last year when I got 35/43. That's a jump from 81.3% to 81.8%.

Throughout the entire field I scored 79/107 or 73.8%

Picture 7/9

Arrival
Fences
Hell or High Water
La La Land
Lion
Manchester by the Sea
Moonlight

I missed: Hacksaw Ridge and Hidden Figures
Predicted: Loving


Director 4/5

Well, I took a chance with an out of the box prediction and lost 1 here.

Damien Chazelle - La La Land
Barry Jenkins - Moonlight
Kenneth Lonergan - Manchester by the Sea
Denis Villeneuve - Arrival

I missed: Mel Gibson - Hacksaw Ridge
Predicted: Pablo Larraín - Jackie

Actress 4/5

No nomination for Amy Adams is pretty shocking.

Isabelle Huppert - Elle
Natalie Portman - Jackie
Emma Stone - La La Land
Meryl Streep - Florence Foster Jenkins

I missed: Ruth Negga - Loving
Predicted: Amy Adams - Arrival

Actor 4/5
Casey Affleck - Manchester by the Sea
Ryan Gosling - La La Land
Viggo Mortensen - Captain Fantastic
Denzel Washington - Fences

I missed: Andrew Garfield - Hacksaw Ridge
Predicted: Joel Edgerton - Loving

Supporting Actress 5/5
Viola Davis - Fences
Haomie Harris - Moonlight
Nicole Kidman - Lion
Octavia Spencer - Hidden Figures
Michelle Williams - Manchester by the Sea

Supporting Actor 4/5
Mahershala Ali - Moonlight
Jeff Bridges - Hell or High Water
Lucas Hedges - Manchester by the Sea
Dev Patel - Lion

I missed: Michael Shannon - Nocturnal Animals
Predicted: Hugh Grant - Florence Foster Jenkins

Original Screenplay 4/5
Hell or High Water
La La Land
The Lobster
Manchester by the Sea

I missed: 20th Century Women
Predicted: Captain Fantastic

Adapted Screenplay 4/5
Arrival
Fences
Lion
Moonlight

I missed: Hidden Figures
Predicted: Silence

Animated Feature 5/5
Kubo and the Two Strings
Moana
My Life as a Zucchini
The Red Turtle
Zootopia

Production Design 4/5
Arrival
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Hail, Caesar
La La Land

I missed: Passengers
Predicted: Dr. Strange

Cinematography 4/5
Arrival
La La Land
Moonlight
Silence

I missed: Lion
Predicted: Nocturnal Animals

Film Editing 4/5
Arrival
Hacksaw Ridge
La La Land
Moonlight

I missed: Hell or High Water
Predicted: Manchester by the Sea

Costume Design 5/5
Allied
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Florence Foster Jenkins
Jackie
La La Land

Original Score 2/5
Jackie
La La Land

I missed: Lion, Moonlight, and Passengers
Predicted: The BFG, Moana, and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Original Song 3/5

Hey, 3/5 is pretty good for me.

"Audition (The Fools Who Dream)" from La La Land
"City of Stars" from La La Land
"How Far I'll Go" from Moana

I missed: "Can't Stop the Feeling" from Trolls and "The Empty Chair" from Jim: The James Foley Story
Predicted: "Runnin" from Hidden Figures and "The Great Beyond" from Sausage Party

Makeup and Hairstyling 2/3
A Man Called Ove
Star Trek Beyond

I missed: Suicide Squad
Predicted: Deadpool

Sound Mixing 3/5
Arrival
La La Land
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

I missed: Hacksaw Ridge and 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi
Predicted: Patriots Day and Silence

Sound Editing 1/5
La La Land

I missed: Arrival, Deepwater Horizon, Hacksaw Ridge, and Sully
Predicted: AlliedCaptain America: Civil WarDr. Strange, and Patriots Day

Visual Effects 3/5
Dr. Strange
The Jungle Book
Kubo and the Two Strings

I missed: Deepwater Horizon and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Predicte: Arrival and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Documentary Feature 3/5
I Am Not Your Negro
O.J. Made in America
13th

I missed: Fire at Sea and Life, Animated
Predicted: Cameraperson and Tower

Foreign Language Film 4/5
Land of Mine from Denmark
A Man Called Ove from Sweden
Toni Erdmann from Germany
The Salesman from Iran

I missed: Tanna from Australia
Predicted: My Life as a Zucchini from Switzerland

No comments:

Post a Comment

How'd I Do? 93rd Academy Awards Nominations Edition

I got 36 out of 43 in the top eight categories. That's 83.7%. Getting 19/20 in the acting categories made up for the fact that I went on...