Thursday, October 4, 2012

Short Cut Review: The Trip

Short Cut Movie Review is normally less than 400 words, but in some cases may go slightly over. This is my attempt to keep writing about as many films as I see without getting bogged down with trying to find more to say. They are meant to be brief snapshots of my reaction to a movie without too much depth.

A comedy starring Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon, playing versions of themselves, on a restaurant tour through the north of England. The film itself was edited down from a 6-part TV series that aired in England in 2010. It contains some hysterical and improvised bits of comedy between Brydon and Coogan, whose fictionalized personalities share an uncomfortably competitive rivalry. Highlights include their impersonations of Anthony Hopkins, Sean Connery, and especially Michael Caine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How'd I Do? 93rd Academy Awards Nominations Edition

I got 36 out of 43 in the top eight categories. That's 83.7%. Getting 19/20 in the acting categories made up for the fact that I went on...