Thursday, October 4, 2012

Short Cut Review: The Fall

Short Cut Movie Review is normally less than 400 words, but in some cases may go slightly over. This is my attempt to keep writing about as many films as I see without getting bogged down with trying to find more to say. They are meant to be brief snapshots of my reaction to a movie without too much depth.

This one I'd seen before. It's a visually stunning work filmed in more than two dozen countries over a period of several years. An injured and depressed movie stuntman in a 1920s convalescence home tells a tale of murder and revenge to a young Romanian girl, at first as a means to persuade her to steal morphine pills for him. Catinca Untaru gives one of the best child performances I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How'd I Do? 93rd Academy Awards Nominations Edition

I got 36 out of 43 in the top eight categories. That's 83.7%. Getting 19/20 in the acting categories made up for the fact that I went on...