Monday, May 24, 2010

The "Lost" Finale: From Someone Who Doesn't Even Watch the Show

"Lost" lost me about 3 or 4 episodes into the second season. I just didn't have the patience for the ultimate shaggy dog story, following the carrot on the stick forever and ever.

But I've just read some summaries and reviews of the series finale which aired last night and, sorry, but did the show just end on the narrative equivalent of "it was all a dream"?

Seriously? That was the big conclusion? I'm so glad I didn't stick with the show over the years.

But anyway, was there any resolution that would have been satisfactory? Would any explanation for the alternate realities and the time travel have sufficed for die-hard fans?

Oh, to be sure, now the die-hard fans will begin analyzing and dissecting and finding ways to make every detail fit into the larger theme, going all the back to season 1. All of this will be done, mind you, without the understanding that the show's creator and writers most likely had no idea where they were ultimately headed in the first few seasons.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How'd I Do? 93rd Academy Awards Nominations Edition

I got 36 out of 43 in the top eight categories. That's 83.7%. Getting 19/20 in the acting categories made up for the fact that I went on...