Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Welcome Message

Welcome to Mostly Movies! As the description under the title of the blog suggests, this blog will mostly be devoted to cinema. As the URL suggests, there will be a fair share of movie lists.

I can't promise a great deal of content, but I will make an honest attempt to post several times a week. If I can manage something daily then I'll be very proud of myself.

I prefer to think of this project less as a blog and more as a place of my own for reviews and commentary. It's a prelude to perhaps something bigger and more professional that will ultimately take a lot more of my time.

It's probably about 5 years ago now that I started seriously thinking about putting real work into a film website. That got put indefinitely on hold when I moved to Spain for (at the time) a maximum of 3 years.

Now I've just crossed my 4 year anniversary of living here and it looks like it may still be another year or more before I'm back Stateside. Once there my goal will be to get back into the habit of seeing at least one new film a week and posting new reviews. It will be a long process to get where I want to be and I've got some big lifestyle changes on the horizon that may end up putting a stop to this before it even gets started. But until that time, baby steps...

Hopefully, by some miracle this blog will end up attracting followers beyond my immediate social circle (if it even attracts those people).

For anyone who happens upon this, it would be great to hear from you in the form of comments or an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How'd I Do? 93rd Academy Awards Nominations Edition

I got 36 out of 43 in the top eight categories. That's 83.7%. Getting 19/20 in the acting categories made up for the fact that I went on...